The Senix “Teach” feature allows you to configure an ultrasonic sensor, in situ, using a push button and the Target Status Indicator LED located on the back of the sensor. All ultrasonic sensor configurations are stored in non-volatile memory and retained when powered off. This feature is available on some ToughSonic 3, ToughSonic 14 and ToughSonic 30 models.
- Set analog output endpoints as low and high values using actual target data. (0-10 VDC or 4-20 mA current loop)
- Establish switch on and off distances and set switch polarity
- Set ultrasonic sensor measurement rates
- Synchronize multiple sensors in SYNC mode by defining master and slave sensors
- Activate or deactivate temperature compensation
- Restore sensor to factory defaults with a single command.
The Teach feature provides you with a simple way to configure many important sensor functions in situ and without a computer.
Please note that all teach adjustments and more can also be completed using SenixVIEW configuration and analysis software. SenixVIEW also allows you to disable the Teach function when in situ adjustment is not desirable.